Through the formation of committees, the GACC is able to work on short and long-term projects that align with our objectives. The Chair, with the approval of the Board, may establish or dissolve committees of two types:
- Standing Committees address general or long-term issues and exist until specifically dissolved.
- Ad-hoc Committees address fixed or short-term issues and are automatically dissolved on their one year anniversary unless specifically renewed by the Chair or Board.
GACC's nine standing committees:
- Avenues Athletic Association | Chair Dave Langeland
- Avenues Choir | Chair Chuck Clark
- Community Emergency Response Team (C.E.R.T.) | Chair Carleton DeTar
- Finance | Chair Michael Hughes
- Memory Grove Clean-up | Chair Phil Carroll
- Nominating | Dianne Leonard
- Popperton Plots | Chair James Woolf
- Smith’s | Chair Bonnie Athas
- Street Fair | Chair Dave Alderman
- Transportation | Andrea Olsen
GACC's three ad-hoc committees: